Over the weekend the NSW Government announced some of the biggest ever reforms to Real Estate Licensing, that directly affects everyone working in Real Estate in NSW. This paper identifies a range of reforms that the Government intends to introduce into Parliament in early 2017.
LinkLearn is already prepared and ready for these changes.
Some of the biggest reforms announced are:
- Require certificate holders to complete the qualifications for, and transition to, a full licence within 4 years
- Applicants for a licence in the property services industry must obtain a Certificate IV qualification from the CPP07 Property Services Training Package, along with at least 12 months’ practical experience
- Require licence applicants to provide evidence to NSW Fair Trading of the attainment of specified competencies during the 12 months’ practical experience
- Applicants for a certificate of registration in the property services industry must complete 7 units of competency from the Certificate IV qualification
- Create a new licence category of ‘licensee in charge’
- Applicants for a ‘licensee in charge’ licence in the property services industry must obtain a diploma level qualification from the CPP07 Property Services Training Package (or a Certificate IV and an equivalent qualification in business management) and at least 2 years’ experience within a licensed business
- Applicants for a licensee in charge’ licence will also be required to provide evidence to NSW Fair Trading of the attainment of specified competencies during the 2 years’ practical experience
- For certificate holders, annual CPD for first 4 years will be 6 competency units from a Certificate
IV qualification until the qualification is completed
As part of their supervision responsibilities, licensees in charge will be obligated to ensure that licensees and certificate holders complete the required CPD
We have already designed a package to help Certificate of Registration holders transition to a full licence (obtaining the Certificate IV qualification).
We also are already able to help prospective ‘licensees in charge’ to complete the Diploma of Property Services.
If you need any assistance with gaining the licence, completing the ‘new’ CPD requirements, or obtaining your ‘licensee in charge’ qualifications, we can help you.
Contact Lane Cathcart on 0431 484 138 or [email protected]