BANK ACCOUNT & CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ACCOUNT DIRECT DEBITS
“LinkLearn” means LinkLearn Australia Pty Ltd, PO Box 341 Hamilton Queensland 4007.
“Customer” means the Account holder and/or Cardholder and/or the Student who are jointly and severally liable for all payments, instalments and fees incurred as a result of the Student’s enrolment.
This document describes the Terms and Conditions with regard to the authority granted by the Customer to LinkLearn to directly debit the nominated bank account or credit or debit card account for all payments, instalments or fees incurred as a result of the Student’s enrolment.
The Customer grants the following authorities to LinkLearn:
1. the right to withhold, disavow or expunge any qualifications granted that subsequently become related to any payment dispute or default
2. the authority to directly debit the Customer’s nominated account for the amounts and at the frequency of payments as described on the LinkLearn Registration Form
3. the authority to debit any additional amount in order to clear any payment arrears
4. the authority, in the event of a default, to immediately notify any debt collection/credit-reporting agency of the default and to immediately add to the outstanding debt an additional fee of 27.5% of the outstanding amount to LinkLearn’s debt recovery costs
5. the right of LinkLearn to nominate a third party to collect any payments and to assign all rights pursuant to the collection of payments without any further consent of the Customer
The Customer accepts full liability for:
1. paying the amounts in full and at the payment frequency, until all payments, instalments and fees due have been paid in full
2. the timely availability of clear funds in the nominated account
3. ensuring that the nominated account is able to accept on-going direct debits
4. providing LinkLearn with any new or changed account details
5. all charges incurred as a result of dishonoured or rejected debits. The Customer acknowledges that the cancellation of the authority to debit an account shall not terminate nor remove the Customer’s liability to make the payments as agreed.
5. DEFAULT & RECOVERY
LinkLearn shall consider the Customer in default in the event of a breach of any of the agreed payment amounts or frequency arrangements and the subsequent failure to remedy the breach within 30 days. In this event, the entire outstanding balance including any current arrears and the total of any unpaid instalments and payments as well as any additional fees shall be immediately due in full.
The Customer acknowledges and understands that a swift and resolute process of debt collection, including legal action, shall result pursuant to the recovery of the total outstanding debt and also accepts liability for all costs incurred in the execution of the debt collection process.
6. DEFERRING OR STOPPING PAYMENTS
LinkLearn may consider, at its sole discretion, a request to change, suspend or cancel the amounts and frequency of the payments. Any request to vary the payments must be requested in writing by the Customer and LinkLearn shall confirm its acceptance in writing.
ENROLMENT AND ASSESSMENTS
7. NO REFUNDS
I understand and acknowledge that the fees are to cover initial enrolment, administration and processing costs and that under no circumstances can refunds be granted. The relevant Act in Australia is Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012. In Australian Law it clearly states that people are not entitled to a refund due to change of mind. The Act also states, you do not have a right to return a product if you:
- changed your mind and no longer want the product
- ordered the wrong product
- found the product cheaper elsewhere
- found a better product elsewhere
- were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product’s tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- damaged the product by misusing it – (such as if you dropped your mobile phone in water)
- used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
If you were approached by a door-to-door salesperson or telemarketer, you have a 10 business day cooling-off period. You can cancel during this time without penalty.
8. STUDY MATERIAL COPYRIGHT
I acknowledge that the content of any material to which I am given access, electronic or hardcopy, always remains the property of LinkLearn or it’s suppliers and providers and is therefore protected by copyright and intellectual property laws
9. MY OWN WORK
I declare that my work shall be the product of my own research and my own efforts and if any part of my work results from group training activities then it will represent my equal contribution and participation in those activities
Note: It is acceptable that your work is sourced from textbooks, the internet, collaboration with other students and advice received from industry experts
11. COURSE INFO
Our online real estate licence training programs provide you with help for the property industry in Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and New South Wales. You will be enrolled into The Australian School of Business & Law (National Provider #31206), who provides training and assessment for the units. Upon successful completion The ASB&L will issue the student with a Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) or Statement of Attainment that lists the units of competency which the student has been deemed competent in. LinkLearn is not an RTO.
To successfully complete this course you must have the willingness and capacity to;
· conduct external research
· utilise your own workplace experience and resources
· undertake self-supervised study such as searching industry websites and you might even need to contact a Licensed Agent and ask for help
But all of the practical requirements of this course are consistent with the rigors and expectations of the real estate industry.
This course presumes that you have basic workplace skills such as;
· computer skills and that you can access the Internet to conduct research
· using standard software to send and receive emails
· working with word docs, pdfs
· using scanned documents and importing images to compile a report
In the case of Licensing courses, students are required to furnish evidence to assist with the assessment of existing knowledge and skills. Each student is asked to provide a testimonial from a Licensed Agent as validation of the extent of the student¹s experience. If you do not feel that this methodology suits your preferred learning style then close this webpage and call us on 1300 877 735 to withdraw your enrolment and request the reversal of your credit card transaction.
The total amount of your Course Fee is DUE on the day of you completing the registration form.
If you have supplied a Credit Card this will be processed today, unless you have arranged to change this DUE DATE and it has been approved by our CEO in writing to you.
If you have been approved in writing by our CEO that you can pay your complete payment by Direct Deposit or Cheque, this is deemed DUE on the day of you completing the registration form.
If you have chosen a Monthly Payment Plan, all future payments are deemed to be DUE on the day of you completing the registration form, however for your convenience we have split these payments up over the timeframe indicated on your LinkLearn form (and below). If these payments become overdue please refer to the terms and conditions.
Your provided Credit Card will be deducted today, unless you have arranged with us, and it has been approved by our CEO, to change this date.
If you have chosen a Monthly Payment Plan, your provided Credit Card will be deducted on the day of you completing the registration form and then on the monthly anniversary of today’s date until all payments have been successfully completed.
IMPORTANT: By completing the Registration Form you are authorising LinkLearn to deduct the course fee from your provided Credit Card.
If you have chosen a Monthly Payment Plan, your provided Credit Card will be deducted on the day of you completing the registration form and then on the monthly anniversary of today’s date (+/- 3 days, due to weekends and public holidays) until all payments have been successfully completed (payment dates are able to be changed with approval of LinkLearn’s CEO in writing).
If payment is in arrears, your course fee may be deducted without notice on a date that isn’t +/- 3 days of the monthly anniversary of enrolment date.
In accordance with Clause 7.3 of the Standards for RTO’s, fees collected in advance of services provided will not exceed $1500
If course fees are greater than $1500, the following schedule will be implement:
$1,500 Prior to Commencement
Balance Upon Issue of RPL/Course Materials